Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

New To Toyota

by echarleswhyte, October 8, 2013

Been in a Corolla S for nearly a month and a half. Never owned a Toyota before. I like! I spent the last year test driving many different cars. All have been good and many that I like. I was never in a hurry to buy a car so I gave it time. last Aug I spied a TCUV 2013 Toyota Corolla S on the lot of the local dealer. I have never had anything bad to say about late model Corollas except the 4 speed auto. In the last year of test driving I did not test drive a Corolla as i was predudice against them by the press and the aut trans (did however test drive a Prius, Prius V and Camry hybrid). I had made up my mind I was going to go back to a manual transmission car and when I saw the Corolla was a manual and it was the S (IMO much better looking than the CE or LE) I fell hard for it. It is white with tinted windows (looks good), has the moon roof package wich here in Canada brings smart key with pushbutton start. I am impressed with the gas mileage I am getting so far (that with a lower payment is a win in my book). I have always like the look of the S in the 10.5 gen and am happy with my purchase. I like the interior as it is simple and straight forward. EPS is something to get used to but on the whole have no issues with it. Don't feel I am missing anything from the 2014 as I could not get one with the features I have for the price and even tho it was sold used it only had 57xxkms on it so it is practically brand new.

congratulations...

I have 2003 corolla with 215 kms on it, some repairs, but it is good once the repairs are done,

no nagging unreparable problems.

I have also tested the Prius V and the Camry Hybrid,, I bought the Camry hybrid as a second vehicle.

I get aprox 35 mpg in the cold fall weather in Canada,,,on the hybrid

I get aprox 23 mpg in the same cond with the corolla.... all city driving.

The camry hybrid was my choice because of the great power on the highway...

I like the Prius Myself and the technology is very interesting. Ultimately I chose to go "regular" because of afordability. I try not to live out of my means so the cost of Corolla played a big part in the decision. I am also not a person that changes their vehicles like I do clothes but in the future when it is time I think I will strongly look into a hybrid

I almost bought a Prius v.....what I did not like was the comfort and the power...liked the room in the cargo area...

I have bad back...Camry was no question more comfortable...

I plan to keep these vehicles for decades !"

Topic List