Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

05 Corolla Clock Not Working

By Bull6791, October 4, 2013

The clock in my corolla stays off for about 2or 3 months then comes back on for 2 weeks then goes off again.

I have some questions.: I have an automatic how do you take it apart. The you tube video only shows how to take it apart for a stick shift.

Now is the fix that it has to be resoldered like the video or is there another problem

Is it better to just replace clock.

Is the clock a Led kit.

Any info would be great thanks

Same procedure - you just have a different trim piece. Almost all cases of the clock "dimming" are due to poor solder connections - by reflowing the solder on those pins/pads - problem should be fixed.

Replacing it - depends on how much you want to spend. You still have to go through all the labor to get to the clock. If you feel uncomfortable in solding those pins - that pretty much answer's your question.

It is a LED clock display. Not sure what kit you are talking about, aftermarket or factory replacement?

Fish

Thanks I will follow video and re solder pins.

My own personal mechanic said if I wAnted it replaced it is an led kit and it is expensive

Thanks

Fish

If I wanted to by a new clock from rock auto is it a led kit I am looking for. I do not know how the new clocks are sold.

Thanks

Not sure what Rockauto has on those clocks. If I remember correctly, that clock is sold as an assembly, trim and all.

That is a hard piece to find outside of the dealership. Another option is to get that from a salvage yard from a known working 9th gen Corolla.

Worth a shot at trying to fix it yourself - if it doesn't work - you have the option of getting a brand new one ($$$$) or going with something else (stick on LCD clock, aftermarket headunit with a clock built-in, etc.).

Topic List