Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By baban3689, September 30, 2013

Hello guys.Does anyone fixed this kind of problem in your corolla 94 model 4a-fe.

1.Compressor magnetic clutch does'nt engage immediately when I turn on the AC switch.There is a delay of a couple of minutes and sometimes it will never engage.

2.During the time that the clutch was engaged, the airconditioner blows a cool air

3.I tried to connect the magnetic clutch into the battery and it works fine.

Any suggestions on this.

K_Watson

Is it low on refrigerant?

I think it's not because whenever the clutch is engaged , it cools very well but I have not checked the refrigerant with the a/c technician

Possible that you have either a wiring issue or the switch inside the car is going bad. Assumed that you've checked the relays - some relays can "stick" and not transfer power like they should. It is possible the clutch is bad - given the age of the car and assuming this is the original one - not completely out of the question.

HI..with regards to my previous inquiry, everything is normal if its sunny day, If its raining, this will be the time that the intermittent error comes out.I'suspecting that one of the electronic or electrical part was affected by water or moisture but I can't figure out. Any idea sir's.. Thanks

Intermittent issues are always hard to diagnose. But if it seems to be tied to wet weather - as you mentioned - could be related to either water shorting the relays, magnetic clutch assembly, or could be even a slipping serpentine belt.

You could try and reproduce the failure by selectively wetting possible culprits to see if you can trigger the same failure.

Topic List