Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By LazyPrizm, August 28, 2013

As I drive a Prizm, whenever I get notices for sales on parts from RockAuto, etc., it tends to include various ACDelco brand parts as well (my car nominally being a GM product, and all). Here's a Toyota 17801-02030 vs ACDelco A2011C:

Yup, they're the identical, made in USA Denso filter default_biggrin I've bought a few other Delco bits, spark plugs ended up being Denso as well. Serpentine belt was ACDelco USA, but no idea if they're actually the ones who made it.

Anyhow, for anyone who can use these filters (this filter works for 1993-2002), RockAuto has them on clearance for $7.28 +s/h. The cheapest I've seen it in the Toyota box was about $14.

ACDelco PF1233 oil filters (Toyota YZZF2 / Purolator 14476 size), made by Champion, are $1.77 if anyone can use them too. These are non-E-core filters with the black ADBV.

Nice finds on Rockauto - love that place! Yeah, funny how different car manufacturers use the same OEM for the parts - it is a global market afterall, so this was bound to happen. In this case - the NUMMI plant that makes the Geo/Chevy Prism has a strong connection to Toyota and its OEM suppliers - nice to see that you can get the same filter / AC Delco new in box for 1/2 the best price of the Toyota branded one. Awesome find on the $1.77 AC Delco filters, might have to pick up a couple of those before they sell out.

Topic List