Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Problem With Cd Player Of 2003 Corolla

Guest kaasu

Hi,

The CD player for my 2003 Corolla is popping out every CD that I put in. When I put a CD in, it just waits for a while and then display error 1 and eject the CD. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Qasim

I had a CD changer that did the same thing - Error 1 or err 1 depending on model - means that the lens is dirty or mis-aligned. You can try cleaning the unit out - sometimes compressed air will help, sometimes it will make it worse by blowing the dust all over the place. If it is mis-aligned, be better off replacing the headunit - save yourslef a lot of headaches later down the road.

Guest kaasu

hi fishexpo101,

Thanks for your reply. How would I use comprssed air to clean the unit? I was under the impression that CD cleaners could serve this purpose however any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

The CD cleaners would work OK - you just have to make sure that the CD is designed for car use. The ones for home audio equipment and PC equipment (tray loading or jukebox) won;t effectively clean a mobile audio system. Usually the mobile audio CD have multiple brushes of varying lengths.

Compressed air - just use the supplied pinpoint nozzle and spray liberally into the opening of the unit (have to get past the dust brushes in the front of the headunit). The blast should be strong enough to knock off most of the contaminants without harming the components inside. The trick is keep the loose dust from redepositing on the laser pickup. Basically just use short bursts and note if any dust is shot out.

Good Luck.

Just additional info for all Mobile Car CD Audio Systems. Do not make audio cd's (Music CD's Like Bee Gee's or 50 Cents) that are copied with a self printed lables on top. Reason for this is that when ever the heater is turned on or it is nice and warm in the car, the lable is able to come off just a bit, and since the glue is now melted, the glue will that holds the lable on the CD is now all over the lense. New CD player will be needed, since it would be to gunked up to clean, a new one starts at $300.

The factory units go cheap on ebay if you're out of 3/36 warranty.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)