Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Just Scored A 2000 Corolla

By stringer, November 21, 2010

Hi, Just got a 2000 Corolla VE, 5sp, 106K, non smoker, runs and drives great. It needs a few things, would like to get cruise control and fog lights, is that possiable to add these to a VE?

Also the back seat doesn't fold down for the trunk pass thru, can the rear seat be changed out? Also the LE has a center arm rest can that be added to a VE?

I'm new to the world of Corolla's.........

Thanks in advance!

All of those can be swapped out of a different trim Corolla and into your car. The VE trim could have had those items, but they were optional. Easiest way is to find a donor vehicle with all the parts on it, as dealership prices for brand new fogs, cruise control, and 60/40 rear seat will cost an arm and a leg. Last time I checked, those glass fogs were $200 each at the dealership, had a rock kick up and crack one of them on my 2002 Corolla S. Replaced it with an aftermarket one at first, but it looked "off" - but that was 5 years ago, aftermarket now looks pretty decent.

Split and folding rear seat - salvage yard would be the best bet. Same with the cruise control mechanism, though the likelyhood of finding one connected to a 5-speed is pretty remote. Worse case, you might had to go with an aftermarket solution.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)