Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2006 Corolla S Rear Bumper Removal

Guest Shopper

My daughter scrunched the corner of the raer plastic bumper on her 06 Corolla S. Can anyone give me guidance on how to remove the bumper? Thanks!

Should be pretty similar to the 8th gen bumpers. I posted to another topic here on a 2000 Corolla, the method should be very similar to you 2006 - aside from a few details.

There are bolts on the inside of the trunk - three close to the rear lamp assemblies (you'll have to remove the interior trim panel to see the bolts, hard to miss once you have the plastic trim and carpet out of the way).

There are also two nuts - that flank the latch point - little tough to get to, as you have to go through a hole to get to the nuts, being careful NOT to drop the nuts in there. If you do, you can fish them out, just a pain if they fall.

On the bottom - there are a number of clips that need to be delt with. They are removable, but depending on how much grime there is, might be tough to push those clips out. Its those pull out hte center deal to "unlock" - once you slide under the bump, you'll see what I mean.

Don't forget to disconnect the tag lamps (license plate lighting) as they are attached to the bumper cover.

Hopefully the dent hasn't been in there too long - this bumper material doesn't like to be bent back out into shape. I had a similar issue - rear ended by a larger vehicle and punched in the bumpercover. Took a combination of carefully weighted blows and some heat to get it sort of straigtened out.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)