Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2007 Corolla S Audio

Guest idigyourpast

Hey guys -

I'm (obviously) new here. I just bought a 2007 Corolla S two weeks ago and I'm loving it! It's a smooth ride, looks awesome, and is a huge improvement over my last car (1993 Dodge Shadow.)

Well, I just graduated from college and now I'm looking to spend some of that gift money on a new audio system for my car. Don't get me wrong - the stock system isn't awful, but I just want something a little more powerful.

I've never installed or even purchased an aftermarket system for a car, so I'm not exactly sure where to begin. I know I need speakers, subs, an amplifier, and a new head unit (I'd like double-DIN so I can fill out the stock slot,) but it's all a little overwhelming.

Can someone provide a suggestion as to how I should start? Or maybe which components I should buy?

EDIT: If it helps, I don't need a system for competitions or anything... I just want something that will let me feel the sound in my chest while driving down the freeway default_smile

The sheer number of different components, brands, and options in mobile audio can be quite overwhelming. Since you are starting from square one - I'd suggest checking an online resource like www.crutchfield.com - they have a very diverse selction and owner reviews. They also have a pretty extensive tech guidelines under their "Learning Center" link. They also have a fitment guide that tells you what fits and what doesn't, as well as any accessories that you might need.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)