Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Will A 2002 Corolla Front Bumper, Head Lights Fit A 1999 Corolla

Guest Pepo

Hi,

Will a 2002 Corolla front bumper, head lights fit a 1999 Corolla without doing any modifications.

There are some modifications to be done - one of the most obvious is the electrical work to the lamp assembly. The 2001-2002 Corollas have a separate high beam and low beam lamps - where as the 1998-2000 are a dual filament bulb.

As for the bumper and lamp assemblies - a couple of brackets will need to be fabricated to hold the bumper cover to the existing fenders. Seems to vary from mod to mod - as there are running changes between model years and some brackets may or may not be there. But this is a doable modification and a popular one at that - but it is not a simple bolt on affair.

Guest Pepo

Thanks

Hi,

Will a 2002 Corolla front bumper, head lights fit a 1999 Corolla without doing any modifications.

I`m planning on doing this same mod next summer. Mostly because I want the OEM fog lights. The other reason is that someone backed into the front of my car when it was parked, splitting the lower part of the bumper right through in the center, and cracking it on the ends. I`ve tried gluing it, as a temporary solution, but the insta-bond stuff I picked up isn`t working well. Its (so far) holding the center seam together but didn`t work on the sides. Once I get something better I`ll do the corners, then sand off the rough spots and touch up paint it. Its a cheap and easy fix (and should be invisible when its finished), but its given me some more incentive to do the bumper upgrade for the nice OEM fog lights (I don`t like doing `ricer` type mods and prefer to keep my cars looking as vanilla and close to factory as possible; though I will be switching over to aluminum rims next summer and may also do some window tinting).

Under the hood (invisible) mods are a different story. I`m open to cold air intakes, and suspension and brake upgades. I just don`t think I`ll ever get to them on this car before I`m finished my other projects. And by then I`ll want something new to work on. This car will remain my daily driver until I hit the point of dimishing returns. That`s at least a few years away. Meantime there`s lots to do with it.

-Spyder

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)