Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1998 Toyota Corolla Parts Are They Interchangeable With -1998-2002 Mod

By oneton95, May 9, 2010

Greetings everyone!

I was wondering something. Last week my '98 Corolla got into an accident, I'm betting that it would be totalled. It was a great car indeed, it was an LE awesome little car. What I want to do is keep the car and use it for parts seeing that everything on it is in good shape. What years would I want to look for that would use the parts from a '98? I'm guessing from 1998-2002 and I'll be ok. Please let me know!

Thanks all!

Majority of the larger body panels are interchangeable - but for maximum compatibility - stick with the same model year.

The 1998-1999 models had the same engine, 1ZZ-FE. Starting with the 2000 model year, they introduced variable valve timing (VVTi) and the use of iridium sparkplugs OEM. 2000+ models also use coil on plug setup, instead of high tension plug wires and coil packs.

Also the front headlamps assemblies are different within the generation - the 1998-2000 made use of a hi/lo bulb, the 2001-2002 models had separate bulbs (integrated projector for high beam). Some interior changes, restyle of rear lamp assemblies, equipment level changes, some electronic changes, etc.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)