Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Paint Codes For 2009 Corolla S

By Guest charger20, May 6, 2010 in Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)

Guest charger20

I need to replace a door with a ding on a 2009 Toyota corolla s and I was wondering what the paint color of the car is? I do believe the code is c/tr 163/fd17 123? It is a greyish colored car. Thanks. Also what are my best options for fixing the dent? I've been searching for doors off of salvage vehicles they are around $500 - $800, but I don't think they're the right color.

Paint code will be on the door placard - should be a three digit code. Only gray color I know in a 10th gen is Magentic Gray Metallic - that point code is 1G3.

As for the dent repair - couple ways to approach it, depending on where the dent is located. For simple dents that are away from edges, could try PDR or paintless dent repair. They use adhesive cups and leverage to "pull" the dent back out. Their big advantage is no paint touch-up is needed (hence the "paintless" in the name), assuming the dent didn't damage the paint. There is always the dry-ice trick - but that only works on certain dents on wider body panels. If the dent has been on the car for more than a couple of weeks, dry ice method will be less successful.

Doors are expensive - $500-$800 for a 10th gen door is about ballpark. Depending on the dent, you could spend atleast that much in labor to have a bodyshop pound that out - all depends on the "dent" in question.

I had a great door dent repair from Dent Wizard even though the dent was on a crease.

They can work wonders.

Guest charger20

Hey, I just got a few estimates done for the dent at some local shops they all seemed to want around $1000-$1400. I was able to find a door at a salvage yard for $565 shipped but wrong color. The toyota factory will also sell a door shell for around $550, then I'll have to swap all the innards and its not painted. So, I was wondering how easy is it to match the same paint color and how much it roughly costs to paint a door?

Sounds about right for an estimate - lots of labor involved to straighten a dent out on a door - assuming this is past what a PDR system can do.

Since the car is so new - should be much easier to match the paint of the door - as the rest of the finish will not be faded or damaged by environmental conditions. That said - metallic paints are not 100% easy to match - even with the exact same paint, how the paint is applied will affect the final finish.

That said, a competent shop should be able to match the finish enough to look like a near factory job. Assuming that shop will use a multi-stage paint (separate clear coat and color coat) and all prep work - you could be looking at $250-$750 for the paint job. Single stage paints can be cheaper, but less likely to match the original finish. If you do the prep yourself (strip the door panel, clean it, etc.) could save yourself even more. Check around - look at some example work by the shop - not all shops can effectively handle all types of paint. Some have intimate knowledge with how the metal prep and primer color and chemistry can affect the final finish.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)