Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By quiksy, April 28, 2010

hi everyone... i have some 15" 4x100 wheels that i will to install in my 2001 toyota corolla le (us version)

i was wondering if the 205/55R15 tires will fit on my car without any rubbing problems??? i want this size because i want to take care of the wheels

i already check with tire size calculator but any of these show the size that i want to install

please help me, i want a beefy tire. without runbbing problems...

205/50r15 will be skinny tire for me....

Given that the 205/55-15 tire is almost 1/2" taller in diameter overall compared to the OEM 185/65-14 tire size. There may or may not be an issue with clearance.

Wether or not you will run into clearance issues - will depend on the wheel chosen (wheel offset or backspace), suspension modifications, and which 15" tire you were thinking of getting.

If the offset of the wheel is incorrect, doesn't matter what tire you put on there, you could have a clearance issue. For the 8th generation Corolla - offsets of 38mm-45mm are supported, depending on the wheel size. Wheel widths up to 7" are supported as well, depending on the wheel offset.

Suspension mods are self explanatory - if you are running a lowered suspension or have the original one that is starting to sag, you may run into a clearance issue with a taller, wider tire.

The choice of tire can be important, as not all 205/55-15 tires are the same size. Dimensionally, they will fit a 15" wheel and have a 205mm tread width and sidewall is 55% of the treadwidth - but some tires have a larger tire carcass, their tread actually could be smaller or larger than 205mm.

Ideally, you want to run a 195/55-15 wheel to avoid or minimize any clearance issues.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)