Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Code P1315, 2000 Corolla

By quick2000, January 13, 2010

The check engine light finally came on today (i've been experiencing some stumbling on acceleration, as well as bogging) and I got a code for P1315. It says it was an ignition misfire, but nothing specific. I went to the toyota dealership and asked what the code P1315 was for and he told me they don't release any technical data... So here I am, does anyone have an idea of what this could be? Thanks.

I forgot to mention a P0420 code as well. They cleared the code for me and it came back on maybe 10 minutes later. I'm going to have them scan it again tomorrow and see if the same codes come up.

google search should point you in the right direction.

Ok, I found that P1315 is a misfire in bank 4. checked the CEL next day, no P1315 but still the P0420 which could either be a faulty cat, or just the O2 sensor. I couldn't really find which was more of a problem for people but it would make sense the cat was faulty because the previous engine burned oil like no other...

Still have the P0420 and bogging issue... when my fans kick on the car starts to stumble and almost die like it's running on 2 cylinders. also, i was using an OBDII scan tool and saw that at idle the TPS was reading 10 % and at full throttle was only at 79 %. is this normal?

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)