Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest Derry_Bhoy

Remove Factory Fitted Radio From 2001 Corolla

Guest Derry_Bhoy

Guest Derry_Bhoy

Hey, i have recently bought a cd player for my 01 corolla, can anyone tell me how to remove the factory fitted tape deck radio?

Hello and Welcome to the forums.

Assuming this is a North American market Corolla, you just need to pry the upper dash console trim (the portion that rings the two center vents and goes around the radio). Also rememberto disconnect the negative battery terminal before you work on any electrical stuff in the car, don't want to risk shorting something out accidentally. Note that if you have an alarm system or similar, it might not like this very much, take precautions as necessary.

If you look closely at the bottom of the this trim, you should notice two slots close to the dash. Take a flat headed screwdriver with some tape wrapped around it (to protect from scratching the plastic), and pry up on them carefully. That whole piece will pull up with the vents attached. Disconnect the wiring running to the clock and hazard button - and set that aside. The radio will be fully exposed with the 4 screws holding the bracket in place. Remove the screws, the whole radio will slide out of the opening, disconnect the harness and antenna cable - the headunit will be out. Installation would be the reverse.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)