Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Front Speaker Replacement 2004 Corolla S

elopomorph, December 7, 2009

Does anyone have any experience at replacing the front speakers for a 2004 corolla? I have the speakers but need to figure out how to access the old ones and remove them.

First off, remove the negative battery cable off the battery terminal - don't want to accidentally short something out in the door, as you work on the speakers.

Remove the front door inner panel first (screws by the arm rest, inner door handle, one is probably covered by a plastic tab), then pry the liner away from the door (look between the door and the inner liner, you'll see the clips that you need to pop off to get the liner off.

Once that is out of the way - you'll notice the front speaks sitting there in the door. They are riveted in by the factory, so you;ll have to drill out the rivets. Might also have to modify the speak bracket in there - depending on the speakers you already have.

Great. Thanks!!!

I have 6.5 inch speakers. I guess I will have to take a look and see what modifications are necessary. Anyone have any experience putting 6.5 inch speakers in the front?

A 6.5" speaker should work. Some have popped in 7" Polk components that are a hair smaller than 7" diameter and they fit OK. Also depends on the model and depth of the replacement speakers. If the speaker cannot adapt to the OEM speaker mount, you can opt to make your own or hack up the existing mounts to fit. Pretty sure you'll be able to figure it out once the speaker is out. When I did mine on the 2002 Corolla - the speakers would fit fine on the mount, but I couldn't run all the screws (limited mounting options on the replacement speaker I had). Some aftermarket speakers have multiple mounting holes, some are slotted to maximize fitment in many vehicles.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)