Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2000 Corolla Engine Swap

by MARK174ACE, October 26, 2009

Hello all,

I am having the typical oil burning problems with my Corolla like a lot of other people. I really cannot afford another car and I am only driving two or three days a week. I was thinking of just doing an engine swap in then near future and was wondering what a fair price would be. I am figuring that it would be more cost effective to just have the engine replaced as opposed to having a whole bunch of things needing to be replaced in the current engine (rings etc.), never mind the cost of the mechanic just trying to figure out what needs to be replaced. Any suggestions would be helpfull. Thanks Mark

• 149 posts
Hello all,

I am having the typical oil burning problems with my Corolla like a lot of other people. I really cannot afford another car and I am only driving two or three days a week. I was thinking of just doing an engine swap in then near future and was wondering what a fair price would be. I am figuring that it would be more cost effective to just have the engine replaced as opposed to having a whole bunch of things needing to be replaced in the current engine (rings etc.), never mind the cost of the mechanic just trying to figure out what needs to be replaced. Any suggestions would be helpfull. Thanks Mark

How much oil does it burn?? I would try Auto-Rx before changing engines ...

Is it leaking any oil? I would also change my PCV valve as well.

Hello all,

It is definitely not leaking oil. I do not have an exact measurement but it is burning quite a bit of oil. If I had to guess I would say 3 quarts every 500 miles. I figured the car was way beyond just pouring in a bottle of r/x or anything else. Do they sell that in strores, or do you have to but it from their website?

How much oil does it burn?? I would try Auto-Rx before changing engines ...

Is it leaking any oil? I would also change my PCV valve as well.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)