Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Coolant Concern-2005 Corolla Ce

Guest clairolla05

Hi all,

I do not have an owner's manual for my 2005 Corolla CE...long story. Not sure it would help much here anyway.

Anyway, here is what's happening.

The car has 106,000 miles on it. I just moved up from San Diego to Seattle-car completely loaded down, drove for several hours in 104 degree temps with the AC blasting.

I arrived here a few days ago. My bf opened up the hood to check the oil and we discovered that the overflow coolant reservoir was completely empty. Still plenty of coolant in the radiator.

The car has NEVER overheated-it is always at the halfway point on the temperature gauge.

There is pink crusty leaked coolant on the passenger's side of the engine.

Last night we refilled the coolant and drove the car around town, checking every time we parked. No coolant loss, no overheating.

We purchased a new water pump and plan to install it-I am just wondering if anyone might have any other thoughts since we couldn't replicate the coolant leak?

Oil is clean, no coolant contamination. Serpentine belt replaced about six months ago.

Thanks so much!

Hi all,

I do not have an owner's manual for my 2005 Corolla CE...long story. Not sure it would help much here anyway.

Anyway, here is what's happening.

The car has 106,000 miles on it. I just moved up from San Diego to Seattle-car completely loaded down, drove for several hours in 104 degree temps with the AC blasting.

I arrived here a few days ago. My bf opened up the hood to check the oil and we discovered that the overflow coolant reservoir was completely empty. Still plenty of coolant in the radiator.

The car has NEVER overheated-it is always at the halfway point on the temperature gauge.

There is pink crusty leaked coolant on the passenger's side of the engine.

Last night we refilled the coolant and drove the car around town, checking every time we parked. No coolant loss, no overheating.

We purchased a new water pump and plan to install it-I am just wondering if anyone might have any other thoughts since we couldn't replicate the coolant leak?

Oil is clean, no coolant contamination. Serpentine belt replaced about six months ago.

Thanks so much!

If the loss was sudden, like going from a full coolant tank to empty in a matter of days you could have a leak in your cooling system.

If the water pump has never been replaced at 107k miles, it's definitely a good idea to do so. Next time after you park the car examine the area around the water pump and look for traces of coolant.

I would perform a pressure test on the radiator if cannot find the leak. Most auto parts stores will loan you the tool.

Good luck.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)