Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By DaveAclm, September 7, 2009

I haven't been on here in a long time, but we gave our 1995 Corolla wagon to my sister this spring, and the lowering springs I had put on it were too stiff for her. So I swapped the originals back on and am selling the others. These are Vogtland springs (German company, apparently better-known in Europe than in the US). I was pleased with them--the car was much more stable at highway speeds (70+ MPH) and cornered very well with a more neutral character (less understeer). The ride is noticeably stiffer, but overall I felt it was a worthwhile trade-off. They lowered the car about 1-3/8" all around.

These were only on the car for about 10,000 miles and less than a year. The paint is still in great shape, with maybe a few nicks from the spring compressors. They even come in the original box. Photos of the springs compared to stock and of the car with them installed can be found at my Photobucket album: https://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/dlhoovler/

I know these will fit a 1993-1997 Corolla. I assume they would also fit a similar-vintage Prism. Since 1998-2002 Corollas have essentially identical suspensions, these would probably also fit them, but I don't know how much they would lower the car and can't guarantee that they would work.

I'd like to get $125 for the set. Local pickup from Pittsburgh (North Side) or Tarentum area preferred, or you pay shipping (I can provide a quote). These will also be listed on the Pittsburgh Craigslist.

Reply to dlhoovler at hotmail.

Thanks,

-Dave

Guest hotrod67

I haven't been on here in a long time, but we gave our 1995 Corolla wagon to my sister this spring, and the lowering springs I had put on it were too stiff for her. So I swapped the originals back on and am selling the others. These are Vogtland springs (German company, apparently better-known in Europe than in the US). I was pleased with them--the car was much more stable at highway speeds (70+ MPH) and cornered very well with a more neutral character (less understeer). The ride is noticeably stiffer, but overall I felt it was a worthwhile trade-off. They lowered the car about 1-3/8" all around.

These were only on the car for about 10,000 miles and less than a year. The paint is still in great shape, with maybe a few nicks from the spring compressors. They even come in the original box. Photos of the springs compared to stock and of the car with them installed can be found at my Photobucket album: http://s77.photobuck.../j80/dlhoovler/

I know these will fit a 1993-1997 Corolla. I assume they would also fit a similar-vintage Prism. Since 1998-2002 Corollas have essentially identical suspensions, these would probably also fit them, but I don't know how much they would lower the car and can't guarantee that they would work.

I'd like to get $125 for the set. Local pickup from Pittsburgh (North Side) or Tarentum area preferred, or you pay shipping (I can provide a quote). These will also be listed on the Pittsburgh Craigslist.

Reply to dlhoovler at hotmail.

Thanks,

-Dave

Hey Dave,

Id be interested in some sort of trades. I have well over $125 worth of car parts-- lighting systems, intake systems, etc... I couldnt find your post on craigslist.. But im super interested in the lowering springs.. Ive been lookin for a cheaper deal.

hit me up if you're still offereing if you dont wanna trade, you dont have to waste your time, just seeing... thanks

-jimmy

Hey Dave,

Id be interested in some sort of trades. I have well over $125 worth of car parts-- lighting systems, intake systems, etc... I couldnt find your post on craigslist.. But im super interested in the lowering springs.. Ive been lookin for a cheaper deal.

hit me up if you're still offereing if you dont wanna trade, you dont have to waste your time, just seeing... thanks

-jimmy

Jimmy,

Sorry for the delay in replying; I thought I'd set it up so I'd get an email when there was a reply, but apparently that didn't work. The Craigslist ad is here: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/1361797593.html

I would consider some trades, but I don't need Corolla stuff now. I could use:

* mid-'90s Pontiac Bonneville basketweave-style 16X7 rims

* '97-'03 Pontiac Grand Prix GT/GTP springs

* BMW E30 parts, including 5-3/4" H1/H4 European headlight conversions or tan factory sport seats

Outside of trades, I'd consider $100 plus shipping or pickup. Send me an email (address above) if you're interested.

-Dave

Topic List: Go to Corolland Classifieds