Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2007 Abs Brakes

by madar601, September 1, 2009

I'm going to be doing my '07s first front brake change soon. I have the ABS option. Does anyone know if this is one of those systems to be careful with while depressing the caliper piston? I know that some systems you have to crack a bleeder valve.

play it safe and open the bleeder when pushing the piston back, then bleed fresh fluid into the front brakes which should be done every 2-3 years anyways.

Well, got the rotors and pads changed, rotors were a real b---- to get off after being on 2 and half years from being new, took a lot of penetrating oil from the front and squirting it through the stud holes to get them off. It boggles me why they don't put jacking holes on the rotors like they do on the rear drums from the factory. Got everything bled, only problem is one of the bleeders screws stays kind of wet, doesn't drip or anything. I torqued them to 74 inch pounds per 2004 spec, I doubt anything changed for a 2007. Going to see if it "dries" the next few days, seen this happen before and the problem seemed to take care of itself after some time, maybe things need to seat after a few expansion/contraction cycles. I don't really want to tighten it too much more and take a chance on stripping anything, if it doesn't stop I guess I'll have to take it out and clean everything real good and try it again. But for now everything brakes really smooth- no pulling or anything, pedal feels solid, and no warning lights come on for the ABS unit.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)