Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Replaced Heater-blower-motor In 1999 Le

By jims99, November 12, 2004

Hello, My original blower-motor was ruined by getting lots of river water into it's

rotor windings, etc. and went up in smoke... I found a place that had a used 2000 corolla blower-motor(includes fan) and re-installed that as a direct replacement. First though, the 'new' one had a very dirty blower-fan and I was looking for a way to clean it safely without getting the motor wet... I finally held the unit fan-blades down and simply sprayed the plastic blades with '409'... letting it soak in for about five minutes... then held the unit under the hot water faucet untill the blades came out snow white and perfectly clean. I then installed it and it worked like a hurricane when installed into my corolla. smelled good also... Total cost was $27 dollars... including the shipping... Dealer wanted slightly more.....

Hey Jim, where did you get your blower motor?? My '99 is squeaking occasionally.

Bryan Schellinger

3016 valley view way

lansdale, pa 19446

bongpiece@yahoo.com is his email address... just drop him an email, and he will get you going again. Mine was a unit from a 2000 corolla and fit and worked great! Good luck... Oh, mine was $20.00 plus $7.00 for shipping-handling by priority mail. Jim.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)