Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By enerill, June 13, 2009

Wishing to know which one would be in my car, and when is the recommended mileage to do so; I have about 69000 miles on it now. Thank you.

It's a chain. So you don't have to do a thing to it. I had my tensioner changed at 120k since it needed it.

Assuming this is for a North American model Corolla - you have a timing chain in your model year car. There is no set replacement time - that will be addressed with audible checks from time to time. Should last the life of the car - but like they say, your mileage may vary. There are a couple of cases where the timing chain let go with less than 50K miles on the car, on the other extreme - there are quite a few Corollas that have over 300K miles on the original chain.

Assuming this is for a North American model Corolla - you have a timing chain in your model year car. There is no set replacement time - that will be addressed with audible checks from time to time. Should last the life of the car - but like they say, your mileage may vary. There are a couple of cases where the timing chain let go with less than 50K miles on the car, on the other extreme - there are quite a few Corollas that have over 300K miles on the original chain.

Thank you so much, fishexpo101! I have an American model, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't a timing belt as they don't seem to last as long as the chain. I truly appreciate your prompt reply to my query!

It's a chain. So you don't have to do a thing to it. I had my tensioner changed at 120k since it needed it.

Thank you, Skwyre7! I truly appreciate your prompt reply to my query! Another poster affirmed your answer, too!

New Question....sorry!

The driver's inside door handle broke and I am unable to open the door from the inside (the remaining stub is too short to get leverage to pull on it to open the door); is this going to be an expensive fix by a pro?

New Question....sorry!

The driver's inside door handle broke and I am unable to open the door from the inside (the remaining stub is too short to get leverage to pull on it to open the door); is this going to be an expensive fix by a pro?

Nope. Mine did the same thing. I ordered replacements on ebay and installed them myself (all 4 doors) in 30 minutes. It would have been 15 if I didn't have to swat so many mosquitoes while I worked. default_laugh Total cost (including shipping) was about $40 - not including the blood lost to the mosquitoes.

New Question....sorry!

Nope. Mine did the same thing. I ordered replacements on ebay and installed them myself (all 4 doors) in 30 minutes. It would have been 15 if I didn't have to swat so many mosquitoes while I worked. default_laugh Total cost (including shipping) was about $40 - not including the blood lost to the mosquitoes.

Again, thanks, Skwyre7! I'm an older female and wondering if you think it would be difficult for me to do? I don't have anyone handy to me to assist, but I do know how to use a screwdriver...... Is there wiring for the electric lock to contend with?

New Question....sorry!

Again, thanks, Skwyre7! I'm an older female and wondering if you think it would be difficult for me to do? I don't have anyone handy to me to assist, but I do know how to use a screwdriver...... Is there wiring for the electric lock to contend with?

Nope. There is no wiring involved in the actual handle part. One thing that did help me was a pair of vice grips. When you take off the handle, I put the vice grips on the rod so it wouldn't fall down in the door frame. It won't fall down far, but the vice grips saved me from a couple minutes of "fishing" on each door. It's not a difficult project, but it will be just "mechanical" enough to impress people. default_laugh

New Question....sorry!

Nope. There is no wiring involved in the actual handle part. One thing that did help me was a pair of vice grips. When you take off the handle, I put the vice grips on the rod so it wouldn't fall down in the door frame. It won't fall down far, but the vice grips saved me from a couple minutes of "fishing" on each door. It's not a difficult project, but it will be just "mechanical" enough to impress people. default_laugh

Once again...thank you, Skwyre7~ As soon as the handle arrives, I'll endeavor the installation myself! Need to find a vise grip first, though!

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)