Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2007 Corolla Header?

by allan210, May 10, 2009

Well I'm finally starting to work on my 2007 Corolla S (father & son project) and I'm looking to put on a header but I can't find one that will fits the 2007 Corolla. OBX makes one for the 2006 but I e-mailed them and they said it will not fit the 07 model. Has anyone installed a header on a 07 Corolla 1.8L or know where I can get one? I just installed a Fujita CAI (went on really easy and I got a great deal through ebay!) and looking to do more. Any suggestions? Looking to do stuff that can be done in the garage.

Thanks, Allan

I'd stay away from OBX products - especially their header. On the earlier 9th gen Corollas (2003-2005) - they wouldn't bolt straight on without some modifications.

As for the later 9th gen Corollas - they can be tough to find. I don't remember off hand - but I believe that your model year has the pre-cat welded directly to the exhaust manifold. That could be why you are having problems finding a bolt on aftermarket header. The ones that have installed a header (PPE header - custom made, runs about $900+ depending on coating) - they have to eliminate one of the cats or both - could be a problem for areas that smog. Shops are obligated to call those modifications in or won't even touch them in some area - so check ahead before you invest into a header.

One option that has proven itself on the dyno is to port the OEM header. The OEM piece is tubular exhaust design , not the cast log exhaust type of older cars - an experienced fabricator should be able to port it for less than the OBX header you were probably looking at. Gains would be better than stock and fitment would be perfect - since you are using the original part. Plus, from the tech point of view (smog test) - everthing looks OEM/untouched.

I'd stay away from OBX products - especially their header. On the earlier 9th gen Corollas (2003-2005) - they wouldn't bolt straight on without some modifications.

As for the later 9th gen Corollas - they can be tough to find. I don't remember off hand - but I believe that your model year has the pre-cat welded directly to the exhaust manifold. That could be why you are having problems finding a bolt on aftermarket header. The ones that have installed a header (PPE header - custom made, runs about $900+ depending on coating) - they have to eliminate one of the cats or both - could be a problem for areas that smog. Shops are obligated to call those modifications in or won't even touch them in some area - so check ahead before you invest into a header.

One option that has proven itself on the dyno is to port the OEM header. The OEM piece is tubular exhaust design , not the cast log exhaust type of older cars - an experienced fabricator should be able to port it for less than the OBX header you were probably looking at. Gains would be better than stock and fitment would be perfect - since you are using the original part. Plus, from the tech point of view (smog test) - everthing looks OEM/untouched.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to take a look today to see if it's welded or not. I was told that JP Performance has one for the 2007 so I e-mailed them to see if it's a bolt on or if I have to take it to a place to have installed

JP Performance is a decent one, if you can verify fitment. DC Sport header might also have fitment for your model year - there are other 2005-2008 Corollas running with both of those headers - not sure if they were a bolt-on easy or had to do some work - but seems that everyone was happy with them. Post back the results, if you have it done.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)