Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Adding Windshield Wiper Delay?

by long commute May 8, 2009

I have the basic c model 2007 and it only has a fixed 1 speed intermittent delay. The problem is it is either too fast with light drizzle or too slow for very light rain. I am thinking about adding a wiper delay and wanted to know if anyone has added a delay?

They make aftermarket - basically a black box that you wire into the wiper eletricals that has a variable resister/timer that gives you multiple speeds. Another option is to part out the control box and wiper stalk from the later 9th gen Corollas to gain that ability. I'm pretty sure there was a write up on here for an 8th gen Corolla - would be exactly the same as your 2007.

Another option is to part out the control box and wiper stalk from the later 9th gen Corollas to gain that ability. I'm pretty sure there was a write up on here for an 8th gen Corolla - would be exactly the same as your 2007.
I don't remember seeing a writeup for 8th gen, yet I am pretty sure one can just replace the wiper stalk and gain that ability. As a matter of fact I have one available for sale. default_biggrin

On 9th gen, from the 04 EWD I think again one just replace the wiper stalk.

Another option is to part out the control box and wiper stalk from the later 9th gen Corollas to gain that ability. I'm pretty sure there was a write up on here for an 8th gen Corolla - would be exactly the same as your 2007.

I don't remember seeing a writeup for 8th gen, yet I am pretty sure one can just replace the wiper stalk and gain that ability. As a matter of fact I have one available for sale. default_biggrin

On 9th gen, from the 04 EWD I think again one just replace the wiper stalk.

Did you say you have an 8th Gen Stalk with intermittent control for sale? If so I am interested...

Topic List