Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

How To Remove The Front Door Panel On A 1999 Corolla Ve?

by Bad_dude, April 23, 2009

Bad_dude

Hi guys,

This car came with speakers already installed but I would like to install better ones in it. I have 6.5" round speakers and would like to put them in. I know the front is 5.25" but it will fit a 6.5". The problem that I have is the windows are hand cranked and I need to take that off to get to the panel to replace the speakers. Any hint on how to install the new speakers would be greatful.

Thanks,

Depends on the speaker dimensions - a 6.5" may fit in there. Definitely have to modify the existing bracket or make your own - even some 5.25" speakers don't fit quite right. Need to drill out the original speakers anyways (rivets).

As for the window crank - they make a specific trim tool that will push the clip out. Haynes manual has an old school technique - use a shop rag or old cotton t-shirt - work the material underneath the door handle and it will eventually push the clip out. Here's a link to the tool and what the clip should look like:

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Artic...MG0319_Full.jpg

Bad_dude

Depends on the speaker dimensions - a 6.5" may fit in there. Definitely have to modify the existing bracket or make your own - even some 5.25" speakers don't fit quite right. Need to drill out the original speakers anyways (rivets).

As for the window crank - they make a specific trim tool that will push the clip out. Haynes manual has an old school technique - use a shop rag or old cotton t-shirt - work the material underneath the door handle and it will eventually push the clip out. Here's a link to the tool and what the clip should look like:

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Artic...MG0319_Full.jpg

Thanks for the great answer again. Now to put back on the crank handle, is there any good hint on how to get that clip back on? The crank handle on the passenger's side seem loose.

Thanks.

Bikeman982

I bought the tool and use it myself to remove the clip and then pull the handle off the splined shaft.

To put it back on, I put the plastic panle protection piece on and then put the clip on the handle, then press the handle onto the shaft.

Hope this helps.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)