Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Hotchkis Sway Bars

Guest jjb2222000

So my Hotchkis Sways just arrived for my 2001 corolla. Can you guys give me some advice and feedback with your experience as to Installing them? Any problems you ran into or helpful hints? Did anyone opt just to have it done professionally?

This is only my second mod to the car, first was the 17" chrome rims. Now that I'm adding sway bars is there anything I should change on the suspension in conjuction with the sway bars? Shocks/Struts? The car has about 60,000 miles now.

Guest Buckeyeman

Hotchkis has scraped it's entire stock of the front bars for the '98-'01 because of the engineering screw-up. The bar hit's the front spindle anytime you hit a bump or turn lock to lock. I sent pictures to Drew @ Hotchkis a long time ago showing where the problem is, and with that they re-designed the bar and waiting for new material to come in to start making new bars. John @ Hotchkis said they will be completed the first week of December.

Buckeyeman is right. I would wait to install the bars-at least the front bar. I also sent pics to Drew and I'm waiting on the redesigned front bar.

More wating on the clowns at Hotchkis!

Guest Buckeyeman

The new bars are finished!!! I talked to Drew today and he said they are waiting to install one on an employees car for testing, and if everything goes right they will begin shipping out by weeks end. default_biggrin

Guest DrewSusp

This is Drew from Hotchkis LLP. We apologize for the wait. We are the manufacture of these sway bay and we have pride in or work to provide you with a great product and customer service. Between our prototype and production run there was a mix up in the forge measurement. We will gladly send you out a new bar along with a call tag. Our new bar is in stock and fixed. Call me @ 526.907.7757 for Assistance and we thank you for your patience and working with us.

Drew

Hotchkis LLP.

That is very decent of you to come here and post.

default_smile

Guest Buckeyeman

I put my new front sway bar on yesterday and everything seems to be fine, no rattles so far. It looks like the new bar has recessed holes where the end link bolt goes through. default_biggrin

That really is very decent of Hotchkis to post. If I decide to get sway bars, I know the brand I will buy.

Topic List