Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest r91401

I just bought my new corolla a month ago and have noticed a vibration when the car comes to a complete stop. It just vibrates for a second or so, and this only occurs after the car warms up. The vibration comes when the RPM's drop below 900, which occurs after the stop, but then it will go up slightly and the car will feel normal. Has anyone had this problem, or is this normal? What could be wrong? I took it into the dealer and they said they could not feel what I was talking about. Any suggestions much appreciated.

That is probably the car nearly stalling, or at least hesititating severely.

My 05 Corolla S does that too. Not so bad anymore, but when I first got it, I was on I-90, and every tollbooth I'd wonder if it was gonna stall. Something about coming off the highway to a complete stop the engine/ECU just didn't like.

I have about 3000 miles on the car and its getting better.

I'd just 1) report it to the dealer so if a more signifigant problem shows up at least you complained now; and 2) keep driving it for another couple thousand and see if it isn't related to engine break-in.

I'm still not satified with the way my car is running after 3000 miles, but we'll see after 5k and 10k. I'll still have a lot of warranty left default_smile

G

Guest modestMouse

Are you guys/gals driving automatics or manuals??

I'm about to pick up my S and its a 5spd manual. What are your guys/gals build dates?

Guest NewCor2005

The user name says it all....I just joined the site a week ago, and now own an 05 "S" with an automatic. Phantom Gray, and my late graduation gift to myself, I used to heavily frequent www.dodgeintrepid.net, when I used to drive the trep, however, in light of the recent tranny problem that most Dodge owners refer to, I made the switch. Here's to the '05.

Guest Corollasroyce

My signature has the car i drive. I also experience this, and its quite annoying, but i got a loaner car a 2003, in automatic while my alarm was being installed and it did the exact same thing, i think its just a 9th gen corolla thing?? i have no idea but thats the only thinng i can come up with.

My car does this as well from time to time . I try to ignore it. My car is a 2000 so maybe it's a VVTI thing.

Andrew

Guest Corollasroyce

aparently from the other posts ive read on the topic it does go away above 5000 miles, no i dont think it has anything to do with variable valve timing....

My corolla now has nearly 5000 miles and it hasn't done this in a while. Hopefully it is just a break-in thing!

Guest Corollasroyce

good to hear after 5000 miles it stops, i hope mine does too, i'll be sure to let the forum know once it does stop....as of now it still does it though, approx 3700 miles.

Ahh...

Of course, as soon as I post it doesn't do it anymore it does it again...

Went to my mothers family for christmas, about 200 mile drive each way. 1/2 there, we stop at a Sheetz in Nanty Glo. Getting off the highway I engine break up the hill to the top, and roll from second to complete stop...and the idle speed dips to about 400!

I was like...'sommabitch!'

It did it twice on the trip, both times after coming to a complete stop after highway speeds without giving gas to the stop. It didn't happen every time I came to a stop, however...so I would say that it isn't as bad as it used to be, but still happens.

It shouldn't happen at all...its almost like the engine isn't taking something into account until its too late. The thing revs the engine if I turn the wheel, if I push the clutch in, if I open the door, if I push on the breaks, if I turn the lights on...basically, any load change on the engine I can think of, the ECU catches...but its not catching something!!!

G

Guest Corollasroyce

thats the exact same as my car....it revs up it i turn the wheel or anything but as soon as i just idle it drops to the rough 400 rpm area...i wonder what the problem is, kinda sucks seeing as its a brand new car, buit like i said, both the new ones i drove did it so i just assumed normal, now i am starting to get sick of it, heh...

I have an '03 Corolla LE automatic, with 26,000 miles. I've never observed this problem at any time since I've had the car. It could be a "sample defect" in your car, or some kind of quirk specific to the '05 models. In any case, it doesn't sound "normal" by any means; I'd have the dealer check it out under warranty.

Guest Corollasroyce

Yeh i was thinking about taking it to the dealer, one other person on here mentioned that he did and they didn't even notice the car doing it....its not all the time, but a fair bit of the time....and as i stated before i had a loaner while i was getting my alarm installed same car but automatic and it did it as well....must be a 05 quirk.....if it doesn't go away by next service i'll make sure and bring it up...

Hello All,I just turned 10,000 miles on my 05 rolla S...........Got rid of my 19 mpg Suv and now average around 34mpg....I do no have any stalling or low rev problems(thank god),but if i did i would bring the car back to the dealer until they corrected it.......The only problem that i had with my rolla was that the car would pull or drift slightly to the left....I drive 110 miles roundtrip to work 4 days a week all highway....It became a pain to have to hold the wheel slightly to the right each trip...Returned to dealer twice and they performed alignment and since then all is ok...Other then that it's a great car.. default_biggrin ..One quick question,This car has the tire press monitor system....I read in the manual that the car has to be traveling over 18 mph for this to work....Could some please explain how this system works..............Thanks Dano

• 1,424 posts

I posted about the TPMS in the general forum if you want to check it out.

I got an 04' S with about 28k on it, and I've run into the low rev problem, after I come to a stop the engine will sometimes rev so low it will about stall out....I thought about taking it to the dealer and running right through the window and telling them they can have there car back, nothing more annoying than having a problem with a new car that shouldn't have any problems

Yes, I have this problem too. I have the 2005 Corolla S 5-speed. I think it's realated to the manual transmission, and where the factory idle is set. I'm not too worried about it.

Bikeman982

As long as it does not stall out, it should not be a problem. There probably is a method to adjust the idle, but if it goes up, your fuel will get burned more at idle.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)