Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

New Tires

by tbone, December 18, 2008

I am looking to replace the stock Integrities on my 06 S. I am tired of no traction whenever there is any moisture on the ground, and here in Wisconsin we are getting dumped on with snow again.

I want a good all season tire, winter and sumer. (anything will be better than those Integrities!) I have been leaning toward the Yokohama Avid TRZ.

Just wondering what other Corolla owners think about these tires, or if there are other recommendations.

Thanks for any info.

• 1,424 posts
I am looking to replace the stock Integrities on my 06 S. I am tired of no traction whenever there is any moisture on the ground, and here in Wisconsin we are getting dumped on with snow again.I want a good all season tire, winter and sumer. (anything will be better than those Integrities!) I have been leaning toward the Yokohama Avid TRZ.

Just wondering what other Corolla owners think about these tires, or if there are other recommendations.

Thanks for any info.

I don't know anything about Yokohamas as I've never driven a car with them.

I do know however that the B.F. Goodrich Traction T/A is a good tire and is pretty reasonable. Another good choice is the Michelin MVX4 Plus that came stock on my Solara. They are expensive, but they are worth every penny if you value traction, long life and great ride characteristics all in one tire.

-the99contour

Max

BFs 99 mentioned are fine, Yoko TRZ excellent. Michelin Harmony & Goodyear TripleTred are also highly recommended. Go check out www.tirerack.com for more ideas.

I don't know anything about Yokohamas as I've never driven a car with them.

I do know however that the B.F. Goodrich Traction T/A is a good tire and is pretty reasonable. Another good choice is the Michelin MVX4 Plus that came stock on my Solara. They are expensive, but they are worth every penny if you value traction, long life and great ride characteristics all in one tire.

-the99contour

B.F. Goodrich Traction T/A are great tires and they're not too expensive (about $75-$80+ per tire).

I've used them on a previous vehicle I owned (1995 Grand Prix GTP) and they were great.

Quite ride and very responsive.

I'm getting ready to replace the tires on my 1983 380SL Benz with a set of those.

Michelin MVX4 Plus are great tires too, but they're definitely much more expensive ($118+ per tire).

I had them on a 1998 Nissan Maxima and I never had any complaints about them.

Topic List