Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Old Corolla Owner Seeking Help

Guest iron patriot

Hey everyone. I'm a new user seeking some help. i'm looking o upgrade my old 01 corolla to an 09, but I haven't decided on what model to go with. I can't decide if I should stick with the base or upgrade to the XRS model. If anyone could give me advice it would be appreciated.

Also, I'm new to the LA area in CA and was hoping someone could recommed a good dealer. I've heard good things about Mahattan Beach Toyota

• 1,424 posts
Hey everyone. I'm a new user seeking some help. i'm looking o upgrade my old 01 corolla to an 09, but I haven't decided on what model to go with. I can't decide if I should stick with the base or upgrade to the XRS model. If anyone could give me advice it would be appreciated.

Also, I'm new to the LA area in CA and was hoping someone could recommed a good dealer. I've heard good things about Mahattan Beach Toyota

Welcome to the forums,

As for your car dilemma:

It depends on what you want. The XRS has the Camry's 2.4L engine, the 2AZ-FE, an upgraded suspension and some exclusive options such as the leather interior.

For those benefits you will see some drawbacks such as the interior being pretty dark, the ride being a little hard over bumps and the fuel economy will be less. The car will also cost a couple of grand more than a comparably equipped 'S' model.

If you're looking for a nice commuter car, choose the Corolla LE instead, or if you can afford the extra toys, the XLE.

As for dealers, I can't help you out there as I'm in Ohio. I will give you one word of advice though, Toyota's sell themselves and the sales people should know that. If you go into a dealer and the sales people are pushy, walk back out. Also, take a look at their service department, while you won't spend any time there, it would be nice to know that it is clean and well kept in case your car should ever need a repair or you choose to use the dealer for service.

Good luck

-the99contour

Topic List: Go to Everything Else