Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Brightest Halogen Bulb Light For Corolla S 2003?

by melody, November 12, 2008

MY OEM headlight is dark and i want to change it

which one is the brightest and whitest halogen bulb light that can use in my corolla S 2003

and it can find in autozone or pepboys, kmart????

Welcome to the boards.

My recommendation for your local car parts store is silverstars (around $40/pair) or silverstar ultra ($50/pair). I know that murray's had a deal going on earlier this year that if you trade in your currentl bulbs (working or not), they would give you $20 off he price of the ultra.

Keep in mind that these bulbs had shorter life vs oem.

My preferance on bulbs is to upgrade to HID (no, not the cheap bi-xenon, etc crap). If you look around, you should be able to find a really good deal on-line now-a-days for $100 or less. There's a few more steps involved, vs changing out a light bulb, but its fairly straight forward.

good luck!

tdk

Welcome to the boards.

My recommendation for your local car parts store is silverstars (around $40/pair) or silverstar ultra ($50/pair). I know that murray's had a deal going on earlier this year that if you trade in your currentl bulbs (working or not), they would give you $20 off he price of the ultra.

Keep in mind that these bulbs had shorter life vs oem.

My preferance on bulbs is to upgrade to HID (no, not the cheap bi-xenon, etc crap). If you look around, you should be able to find a really good deal on-line now-a-days for $100 or less. There's a few more steps involved, vs changing out a light bulb, but its fairly straight forward.

good luck!

tdk

WTS THE MODEL OF THE SILVERSTARS AND DO U KNOW WTS MY BULB SIZE?

i was thinking abt upgrade to HID but i heard alot of drawback after install it, such as it melt the wire,short battery life,cheap HID burn out. so i am thinking change to a bright halogen and it wont have much trouble

I switched to the Silverstars this past weekend on my '06. Same problem... the lights were yellowing and getting dimmer. They are night and day difference. Perhaps the closest you'll get to xenon without the real deal.

You need the 9005 (high-beam) and 9006 (low-beam). You need to move the snorkel for the intake to the side, and pull the battery bracket in order to get the driver's side high beam installed. Other then that, 5 minute job.

silverstars are OK, but tend to have a short lifetime to them. if you can find them the GE nighthawk is as bright, costs the same, but lasts longer. or you could use HIR bulbs (9011 and 9012), but those cost a bit more.

I use a pair of nighthawks in my wife's sienna. bought them for $4 at wal-smart on clearance. couldn't resist.nice bright white lights. One burned out in a little over a year. I called g.e. and they sent a new one. Luckily I had saved the old good bulb so i installed it and still haven't gotten around to changing the new one back.Its is a pain on my sienna. the battery is right in the way..I thought sylvania made the junk . I am an electrician and that's the only bulb I will never buy. Too many bad products over the years. Just watch the wattage of these bulbs. you can burn out a headlight switch if you overload it.Fords are famous for that. I think 50-55 watts is the max.

found this too:

Check out our website at xenonplanet.com/shop or call us at 1(631)-567-1500 or email at Nyquicksilvertc85@hotmail.com Best days to call or to come in are Tuesdays,Thursdays, and Fridays.

Our Prices beat our competitors even with the shipping price. Our kits are warrantied as well. Safe and easy transactions via web store. Get your kit today.

These are Banbo Brand HID kits from Xenonplanet.com/shop. They come with a true 1 year warranty. The kit comes with a warranty card and all kits are serial numbered. No fake "verbal warranties" here. We have all sizes and colors. Include 6000k, 8000k, 10000k, 12000k and 3000k yellow, Extreme Pink, Blue and Purple. All kits are in stock, special orders can be arranged. If we do not have that kit in for you today it will be available the next day. Kit details are as follows:

Features:

1. Strong and rapid startup

2. High brightness: can reach 3,600LM

3. Steady brightness

4. Good performance with high and low temperature resistance

Parameters:

1) Input voltage rage: DC 8-18V

2) Rated voltage: 13.5V

3) Max. start voltage: 23kV

4) Input current: 3.1A+/- 5%

5) Output power: 35W+/-2W

6) Luminosity: 3,600 lumens

7) Working temperature: -40 ~ +105°C

8) Color temperature: 4,300K - 12,000K or above

9) Life-span: 3,000 hours

10) Startup time: can reach 20% of the standard brightness within 1 second; can reach 80% of the standard brightness within 4 seconds

11) Auto cut-off: once there is a short circuit or open circuit, the ballast will stop working automatically

12) Protection voltage: when the voltage exceed 19V, the ballast will stop working automatically, and make the output power below 45W, to protect the ballast and bulb from damage. When the voltage is 8V, the ballast still can work normally, but when the voltage is below 7V, the ballast will stop working to protect the ballast from damage

13) Reverse polarity protection: the ballast will stop working automatically when a reverse polarity happens

14) Radiation:

Relative value: less than -70dB

Absolute value: less than 20mW for standard wireless interference

HIR. get a lot more light without overdriving bulbs. same voltages, same wattages, but brighter. pricey, though, around $25 a pop

Guest danny0512

i have a 90 corolla and im trying to find the fuel pump relay or the open circuit relay can any on help?

i have a 90 corolla and im trying to find the fuel pump relay or the open circuit relay can any on help?
make your own thread, do not spam others threads. it'll get you banned.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)