Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By CorollaCanuck, November 10, 2008

I had heard about this wax a few months ago on another forum and decided to give it a shot on my week-old '09 CE to seal it up early. I used the little foam applicator that came in the box. Very impressed with the results. I'll add an update after the winter to see how the job held up, so this can be a reference of sorts.

It also smells nice

• 1,424 posts
I had heard about this wax a few months ago on another forum and decided to give it a shot on my week-old '09 CE to seal it up early. I used the little foam applicator that came in the box. Very impressed with the results. I'll add an update after the winter to see how the job held up, so this can be a reference of sorts.

It also smells nice

I've been using that product for some time, although, the last time I went to the auto parts shop to get wax they were out and I had to buy Turtle Wax ICE instead.

It is 10x easier to apply and buff off and is still beading water 3 months later. You can get it on the black plastic parts of the car without any white residue.

If it holds up another month, I'll switch over because of the ease of use.

It also smells nice

Hi Rolleyes: I also live a few miles away in Guelph. I've been using NXT since I bought my '05 and am very impressed with it. When this can of paste expires...I will buy the liquid and try it as it's a pain trying to take it off the pinstripes.

Bikeman982

Can you guys get us discounts on the 2009's??

I've tried the NXT Tech liquid wax a couple times now. I'm pleased with the glossiness, but it doesn't bead at all FWIW. Yes I've shaken it thoroughly before applying it.

I guess it's not that big a deal but the packaging hypes aggressive beading so expectations are high.

I'll continue to use it though.

Max

I get excellent beading with Tech Wax - been using it for years now. Wonder why you're not getting the same, Ghost?

I'm using the reformulated Tech 2.0 stuff, BTW. Maybe it's the tap water around here.

Quick question about application:

Meguiars' NXT Tech Wax 2.0 comes with a foam applicator pad. One side is spongy/absorbent and the other side has a bit of a 'skin' and doesn't absorb the wax. The difference isn't obvious. You have to look close.

Which side is better for applying the stuff?

Topic List