Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest alndee@optonline.net

Hello all Corolla people,

Thanks for being a "greener" car person. Anyway, I just got a Corolla s, black about a week ago, and it looks as if I'm @ 26mpg's w/ the first tank at the moment. Please tell me that the mpg's get better than this. Also, I drive about 50 miles per day for work, rt, and most of it is hwy. The main reason I got the corolla was to save gas, although it is a nice looking car too) so I'm hoping that it needs time.

Thanks folks

• 1,424 posts
Hello all Corolla people,

Thanks for being a "greener" car person. Anyway, I just got a Corolla s, black about a week ago, and it looks as if I'm @ 26mpg's w/ the first tank at the moment. Please tell me that the mpg's get better than this. Also, I drive about 50 miles per day for work, rt, and most of it is hwy. The main reason I got the corolla was to save gas, although it is a nice looking car too) so I'm hoping that it needs time.

Thanks folks

You're car will get less fuel economy when it is new. After the engine break in period is over, the fuel economy will increase.

Congrats on the new car.

Bikeman982

How many miles are on it?

What size engine does it have?

I would think mileage would improve, since newer Corollas are built with better fuel efficiency.

My '09 CE automatic has about 2100 miles on it now, and I have noticed an improvement in low-end torque. I don't have to run the revs as high (less pedal) in city driving to move at the same pace. This obviously translates into better fuel economy since I'm not on the gas pedal as much to achieve the same driving characteristics.

I made an 80 mile highway trip this morning at 75mph. I filled up on the way to the highway. My gas gauge has dropped less than 1/8 tank. This same trip used right around 1/8 tank when the car had 900 miles on it, and I first took it on the highway. Obviously there are environmental conditions to factor in (windspeed etc) but I am pretty sure from the improved throttle response that I am using less fuel than when the car was brand new.

Topic List