Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2004 Corolla Le Center Console

Guest allroy76

One of my center console compartments has broken. It is the compartment that drops downward, the plastic pin that the cover rotates on has snapped off. Thus the compartment door is hanging by the other piece and will not close. Can anyone suggest a used parts website or salvage site where i can find a used piece. I really don't want to go through Toyota dealer because the last time I visited them I ended up paying an arm and a leg just for the rubber window trim. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Hello and Welcome. Might try a local body shop - they usually have a pretty decent contact list that they might let you in on. Otherwise - best to hit local pick-and-pull places. Most of the online ones that I've seen charge a decent premium for them to extract the part and send it to you.

Guest allroy76

just updating a post, i haven't found a suitable replacement for this, but was wondering if anyone has had the same problem with this section and if so, what did they do about it?

Guest PatL

just updating a post, i haven't found a suitable replacement for this, but was wondering if anyone has had the same problem with this section and if so, what did they do about it?

Have you found what you needed to fix the floppy "door cover" on your car's console?

I have the same problem with my 03 Corolla LE. I'm visiting a Toyota Dealership next week and it's on my (rather long) list of items. I'm getting a line-by-line estimate for the repairs I need, and will let you know what I discover.

Dan{T.O.O}

I had the same problem with mine. 2003 corolla ce. It seems to be a common fault. I personally wouldn't waste the time and money to replace it only for it to break again. I just glued the sucker closed.

I had the same problem with mine. 2003 corolla ce. It seems to be a common fault. I personally wouldn't waste the time and money to replace it only for it to break again. I just glued the sucker closed.

Yep...same issue here. I just carefully removed the door and hardware, and made it an open tray. When I installed satellite radio, that is where I keep the remote, and stick the excess wires. The little plastic pin hinge was really poor quality.

Well shoot...image doesn't seem to be working...try the link instead?

https://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss264/d...6/DCP_0026r.jpg

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)