Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1995 Toyota Dx Tail Light Replacement Finished

by lmoore, July 28, 2008 in Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm

Hi All,

Thanks to your help, I was finally able to remove the tail light cover on my Toyota and replace the bulb. The 2 studs to the right side of my rear right tail light were, in fact, the attachments for for the female clamps that the male studs from the light cover snapped into. I had to use the rubber coated handle of my pliers to pry the cover off from the top but I got it off with no problem.

Bikeman982

Hi All,

Thanks to your help, I was finally able to remove the tail light cover on my Toyota and replace the bulb. The 2 studs to the right side of my rear right tail light were, in fact, the attachments for for the female clamps that the male studs from the light cover snapped into. I had to use the rubber coated handle of my pliers to pry the cover off from the top but I got it off with no problem.

Now you know exactly what we meant!

Good job.

What can I say ... sometimes it sticks.

There's always a fear of breaking something when plastic parts are involved. I always hesitate to apply force when I'm not sure how pieces are designed. Once you know how it fastens, it's simple.

Bikeman982

What can I say ... sometimes it sticks. There's always a fear of breaking something when plastic parts are involved. I always hesitate to apply force when I'm not sure how pieces are designed. Once you know how it fastens, it's simple.
Good point.

When I go to the local junkyard to get parts I see all the damaged ones, due to people not knowing how they are removed.

An example is the fasteners on the third brake light (on the rear deck).

The centers are supposed to be pushed in, then the fasteners come right out.

Most people try to pull them out and end up breaking the fasteners/housing for the light.

Door panels are pulled off because people do not know how to take the window cranks off.

They also don't know where the clips are that hold pieces on the car.

I practice unknown removals at the junkyard, rather than risk damaging my own car.

It is a good habit to try.

Topic List: Go to Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm