Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Cold Air Intake Opinions

Dan_H

For cold air - Just make sure it installs in a location where it will pull in fresh air, rather than hot air from the engine compartment. Cold air intakes won't provide a much more power, if any, on a Corolla. The factory airbox/filter isn't much of a bottleneck for the engine, and it already pulls fresh air in from just under the front of the hood. The only noticeable difference with a CAI is more intake noise (I prefer a bit more than stock, myself).

Avoid the short ram intakes. They pull in hoter, less dense, air from under the hood, which is exactly what you're trying to avoid with cold air intakes. I're tested a couple, and found that they were pulling in air 20-50 degrees above ambient, depending on how fast the car is moving.

As for the fuel savers... garbage... If any auto manufacturer could publish dramatically higher MPG numbers (a major selling poimt) by adding a $10-20 part, they would already be doing it.

This question has been asked to death. Try a search.

+1 on the search.

i know i have written about this several times.

i havent heard anything good about the ebay intakes..

i have a cosmo SRI..sounds good..they also have the CAI's as well..i like it so far, i've had it for like 3 months now no problems..

Topic List