Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest MistaDave75

I have a 98 Corolla LE with 77,000 miles ok it. I've had it since new, just paid it off finally, and don't wanna buy a new car. So I figured I might as well upgrade it.

I bought a complete set of TRD Rims and Tires (16 inch from 14) and the ride is amazingly different! So far I've taken the car out on the highway and notice a big difference above 70mph. The car is much more steady and smooth! You also don't notice a difference in ride when you go above 80! I'd highly recommend the upgrade to anyone thinking of it!! Was able to get a set of 4 New TRD rims and Toyo Sports tires on ebay for about 700.00, which I thought was a pretty good deal.

Now considering the sport springs and struts to further improve the handling default_blink of my Corolla. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks...

David

Guest LAMRONH

Dave, Amazing what good shoes will do for your outlook. I'm new to Corollas but I know Koni is the gold standard for struts and shocks. Bigger or beefier anti roll (commonly and mistakenly called sway) bars can make a huge and fairly inexpensive difference if excess body lean is a problem. At 77000 you're probably due new damping controllers. Good luck, I believe Tire Rack sells Konis.

PAssing on what I've heard from other Corolla owners who have modified suspensions, here are some recommended strut/spring combos...

Tokico Blue Struts + H&R springs = better handling, stiffer ride

KYB GR-2 Struts + Eibach springs = softer ride, sacrifices handling

(I own a '93 Corolla but haven't modded the suspension yet.)

I have a '01 Rolla with 79,000 miles and I just upgraded the suspension. I used Tokico HP struts and Tein H tech springs. It rides soooo nice I can't believe it's the same car. Next I'm going to upgrade the sway bars and I hear that also makes a big difference.

Topic List