Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2001 Corolla Door Locks

by dtks1010, May 20, 2008

I was wonder if it is possible to program how the doors automatically lock on a 2001 corolla. Right now the doors lock when the ignition is switched to on and unlocks when the car is off. I want it so the doors would lock when I set the car into gear and unlock when the car is parked. I know that the newer corollas can be reprogrammed.

Oh, I also want to know if I were to change the windshield wiper switch on my 01 Corolla S, would it be possible to replace the current one, which has no variable intermittent settings with one that does have variable intermittent settings. Hoping that the variable intermittent setting would work properly.

On the windshield wiper modification - I've seen other 8th gen Corollas add a stalk from a model with INT mode and it worked. Just have to secure the appropriate wiper control stalk.

As for alarm reprogramming - I have the factory Toyota VIP system on mine, and it doesn't have any provisions to allow customized locking/unlocking. Yours sounds like a newer one or one from another vehicle (Camry perhaps) installed into the Corolla or an aftermarket unit. To be sure - do you know the model number for your system? Should be something like VIP3000 or RS3200 or similar.

Doesn't help that different markets also get different equipment (Gulf states get one type, NE states get another, etc.) - as most of these keyless entry and/or alarm systems are port/dealer installed pieces. Some get something called a Securikey+ system as installed equipment, completely different than other factory systems.

My corolla currently has an automate alarm so the auto locking might be tied to the alarm system. I don't really know which automate system it is.

My corolla currently has an automate alarm so the auto locking might be tied to the alarm system. I don't really know which automate system it is.

Mine does that too. I have the Viper 550 Alarm. It automatically locks all 4 doors if my driver's door is closed when I put the car on or in ACC. If my driver's door is open when I put the car in ON or ACC then none of the doors auto lock.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)