Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By twinky64, April 25, 2008

Though many of you may already know this, I thought this was interesting and displays evidence. Next time your at a dinner with a hardcore green person, you have something to back your claim. default_wink check it out

http://www.iceagenow.com/

Specifically, click on links regarding ocean levels falling. Its kind of a long read, but if you are bored...

Also, check out this video,

http://www.climatepatrol.com/vidstream/felix/

Any thoughts, opinions, conclusions? If you want to discuss, by all means, do so.

Umm, no....

In temperate areas oceans are defenitely rising, whilst they are falling in polar areas. Why? as the ice and glaciers melt, that reduces downward weight force on the land, causing a consolidation reversal. Also as the soils and rocks warm up, they expand.

It is pretty obvious that a) temperatures are rising, default_cool excessive CO2 levels are probably causing this, and c) humans put out excessive CO2 levels that cause this. The UN says so, most foreign governments by signing Kyoto, think so.

Even IF this whole global warming thing is nonsense, living a low carbon lifestyle has its advantages.

1. Oil. It isn't running out yet but probably in about 15 yrs we will start to see proven reserves start a steady decline. Not only that the west will become increasingly more reliant on OPEC to supply oil which is not economically secure. We can esily replace, with current technology, our current oil supply a couple of times over.

2. Coal. Yes, it is abundant and cheap but is dangerous - in china, if a coal mining accident has 5 or fewer fatalities it is not even reported. It too is finite. let us actually think of a timespan greater than our own - coal production will peak just as oil will.

3. Meat - true, a bulk of CO2 emissions come from livestock. A wholesale shift to vegetarianism will eliminate these CO2 emissions, but will also save alot of water and food. I mean, livestock sector is by far the largest consumer of corn, soybeans, wheat. This can be used to feed the starving, and we will be healthier as a result.

I think that global warming is a hoax. We have only been recording temperatures since....oh since about 1800 i think to be generous. Who is to say that we, as humans, can conclude what the global tolerance of earth is. Every scientist knows that there periodically exists a miniature ice age. And whenever earth undergoes such a climate change, the transition is ridiculously fast. Perhaps not as fast as a matter of a few years but quick in terms of the lifespan of earth.

Al Gore's video about global temperatures is in my opinion funny. Let's say we have been recording temperatures for 200 years. To put it into perspective, that like recording your blood pressure in one second of your lifespan. We just simply do not know the temperature tolerance of this planet. In other words, we do not know that much about our climate.

I do think that cleaning the air is a positive action. We should breathe clean air, hot or cold. But we shouldn't do it out of fear. I've also read a hypothesis that the reason for the ozone layer migrates, expands, and contracts is to stabilize the pollution in our atmosphere.

As for China, they are burning so much coal, that History Channel has actually followed clouds of soot from china, to the west coast of united states. It is estimated that as much as %15 of L.A. pollution is from China.

Here is an interview with the President of NQUA Commission on Sea-Level Change and Coastal Evolution,

http://www.iceagenow.com/Rising_Sea_Level_...Total_Fraud.htm

Here is a BBC article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5076322.stm

• 200 posts

Global warming is pure bullsnip, especially if those morons at the UN are behind it. Vegeterianism is also a sham.

the earths whole temperature does rise and fall through out time due to many reasons, whether or not our actions are playing a role is yet to be seen.

Meat - true, a bulk of CO2 emissions come from livestock. A wholesale shift to vegetarianism will eliminate these CO2 emissions...

I think you are mistaken with this statement. You are thinking of Methane. Methane (a much more dangerous greenhouse gas) is produced by any decaying organic material (landfills, dead organisms in the ocean, and, yes, cow poop).

The earth IS warming (there is no disputing that fact) as it has done MANY times in the past. When the dinosaurs were alive, the average global temperature was about 20* higher than it is currently. There were no polar regions and plants flourished. This is the reason the dinosaurs grew so big (they had plenty of food). The energy output from the sun varies and will directly affect the temperature of the earth. Man is not the main cause of the changing temperature.

I wonder why Al Gore left info that out of his movie?

Bikeman982

Umm, no....

In temperate areas oceans are defenitely rising, whilst they are falling in polar areas. Why? as the ice and glaciers melt, that reduces downward weight force on the land, causing a consolidation reversal. Also as the soils and rocks warm up, they expand.

It is pretty obvious that a) temperatures are rising, default_cool excessive CO2 levels are probably causing this, and c) humans put out excessive CO2 levels that cause this. The UN says so, most foreign governments by signing Kyoto, think so.

Even IF this whole global warming thing is nonsense, living a low carbon lifestyle has its advantages.

1. Oil. It isn't running out yet but probably in about 15 yrs we will start to see proven reserves start a steady decline. Not only that the west will become increasingly more reliant on OPEC to supply oil which is not economically secure. We can esily replace, with current technology, our current oil supply a couple of times over.

2. Coal. Yes, it is abundant and cheap but is dangerous - in china, if a coal mining accident has 5 or fewer fatalities it is not even reported. It too is finite. let us actually think of a timespan greater than our own - coal production will peak just as oil will.

3. Meat - true, a bulk of CO2 emissions come from livestock. A wholesale shift to vegetarianism will eliminate these CO2 emissions, but will also save alot of water and food. I mean, livestock sector is by far the largest consumer of corn, soybeans, wheat. This can be used to feed the starving, and we will be healthier as a result.

Can't beat a nice, juicy steak!!

A volcano eruption will emit more greenhouse gases than the combined automotive pollution that New York City can produce in 100 years; so I've heard.

Methane is a larger polluter than CO2

Right now, my parents in Washington are witnessing colder temperatures. Though, it is a fact that the temperature of our world is rising.

I think that we should be more green as to reduce the amounts of carcinogens in the air as well as breathing in cleaner air. Global warming, as used today in the media, is used as a scare tactic.

Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth", won a grammy or oscar? Anyhow, I just heard on the radio that its going to be an opera! In Italy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Al Gore is a douche. default_laugh

Topic List: Go to Everything Else