Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest corollapony

I'm looking for a set of alloy wheels for my 2005 Corolla LE. I would like to find a set of four 15" six spoke wheels with center caps and lugs. I don't need tires but would consider a set that had tires included. My car currently has steel wheels with full wheel covers that I will be looking to sell after I install the alloy set.

I'm looking for a set of alloy wheels for my 2005 Corolla LE. I would like to find a set of four 15" six spoke wheels with center caps and lugs. I don't need tires but would consider a set that had tires included. My car currently has steel wheels with full wheel covers that I will be looking to sell after I install the alloy set.
First of all...don't sell the original set of rims. Save them and put some snow tires on them........if you are in a snow area. As for the rims..the best deal I got was my own local Toyota dealer. Toyota deals with DAI ALLOYS and I suggest you look there first as they are the distributers for the expensive rims that come with the Toyotas. As for selling your wheel covers....they cost over a hundred bucks each for only the stock Corolla plastic covers.

yo man just buy some aftermarket rims. im not saying something drastic and expensive. but why would you want to keep the stock look. the corolla is ubiquitous. i definitely would be looking for 17's with low profile tires. something pimp like that.

Guest corollapony

yo man just buy some aftermarket rims. im not saying something drastic and expensive. but why would you want to keep the stock look. the corolla is ubiquitous. i definitely would be looking for 17's with low profile tires. something pimp like that.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just like the stock look. Plus, I think the resale is better w/ stock wheels. I found a set of wheels / tires on ebay and bought them. They'll be arriving this week so I'll be all set.

• 1,424 posts

Thanks for the suggestions. I just like the stock look. Plus, I think the resale is better w/ stock wheels. I found a set of wheels / tires on ebay and bought them. They'll be arriving this week so I'll be all set.

Resale is almost always better with stock parts and accessories. When I traded my Contour on my Corolla in 2005, the Toyota dealer didn't give me anything for the $300 CD player and several hundred dollars worth of amps and speakers that I left in the car. Their reasoning for not compensating me was that when people see aftermarket installations they automatically question their quality and workmanship.

My car had a mid line ALPINE CD player with two amps and 4 infinity speakers. I did the install myself and it was top notch. No wiring was cut, and the adapter leads were soldiered to the speaker and stereo leads, with each wire insulated by heat shrinking tape. A perspective buyer has no way of knowing this though and even if the dealer promises them that the install is professional and perfect, they are still likely to question why the stock stereo is gone.

Wheels aren't quite the same. Sometimes wheels can add value to the car. In your case, upgrading to stock alloys over steel wheels and covers will increase your resale by a little bit. Aftermarket wheels usually don't look right on cars like Corollas IMHO and I would certainly not pay more for a Corolla with a set of 17" alloy wheels I did not like if there was a similar car with the Stock alloy wheels to be had for a similar price.

Topic List: Go to Corolland Classifieds