Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2006 Manual Trans Stalling

by JCM, April 5, 2008

Has anyone else encountered a frequent stalling of their corolla (2006) when starting up in first gear with their manual transmission? It seems to slip then grab occasionaly causing a stall. If I rev it up it will pull away ok. I have had other drivers try it and they found the same. Toyota can't find anything wrong. I have been driving a standard shift since my first 57 VW so I have experience. My last Corolla 91 - manual was superb.

Also has anyone noticed a burning rubber smell occasionaly?

Thanks,

Max

No stalling and no rubber smell from my manual. Is the stall as you pull away in 1st, or right after you start your car, before you pull away? From what you describe, it sounds like it's the former, and the slip/smell you mention makes me think your clutch might need adjustment.

No stalling and no rubber smell from my manual. Is the stall as you pull away in 1st, or right after you start your car, before you pull away? From what you describe, it sounds like it's the former, and the slip/smell you mention makes me think your clutch might need adjustment.

Check hydraulic system for clutch at dealer. If OK, clutch may need attention. It's self adjusting.

It is as we pull away from a stop. Not all the time and actually it happens less often now but still does.

The dealer can't find anything wrong - 2 times in.

Dealer couldn't find noise in my Siena's rear door as it closed - now it dosn't close.

No other dealer around.

I ran into another owner in the southern US who said he had the same problems but that was last year.

Any help would be appreciated as it is quite concerning when yoy have a big truck on your butt and you stall.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)