Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Cd Stuck In 6 Disc Player In 2006 Corolla

by klxdrt, March 13, 2008

CD stuck in 6 disc player in 2006 Corolla

I have a 2006 Corolla with a factory 6 disc player. And a CD is jammed (won't eject) because of a label on that CD.

I have held eject button for eight (8) seconds to no avail.

Any suggestions before I try to remove the actual player.

Thanks,

klxdrt

On my 6-disc changer in the Matrix - there is a button inside the slot loader, and to the right, that will force a disc eject cycle. Should be able to reach it with a paperclip or tip of a pen. The issue is, if the disc is physically stuck (jammed) - trying to force it out may cause some damage to the changer. Might be better to pull the whole headunit, open it up, and manually cycle the disc out - at the very least, see what is hanging the disc up.

Only use a sharpie from now on.

Also, if the disc you want to eject was the one selected, but now stuck. You may be able to "reboot" the changer by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a couple of minutes and reconnecting it. I know on mine and others - this will cause the changer to eject whatever disc was loaded at the time. Note that this will also clear the engine computer of learned parameters and you have to becareful of anything that is electronically passcoded (some headunits, some alarm systems, etc.) - as pulling power will promt them to ask for a passcode before they work.

CD stuck in 6 disc player in 2006 Corolla

klxdrt

Do what I would do...and have done. Get mad and take a flat screwdriver and just force it open until the whole thing breaks. For some reason I just loose my cool when something like that doesn't work. I think I'm into about my 20th dvd player come to think of it.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)