Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Engine Swap

Guest JoelsCorolla

Hey all... I was interested in finding out if there was any way i could drop a celica engine into my 2000 Corolla... Is it worth the money to just get the celica engine instead of the turbocharger? I don't want to waste money on an engine when i can get the same effects from the turbo. Also I was wondering if anyone new a good place to find body kits and lowering kits for my car. Thanks for your help! default_laugh

Depends on what year Celica you were going to drop in. If you were going to go with the 2ZZ-GE version in the newer Celicas GT-S (2000+) - then it depends if you want more reliability or more power. If reliabiliy - then go with a Celica motor swap - as being N/A, great for reliability. But it won't be cheap - prices tend to float around $6000 and up. If you go turbo with modest boost (7-8 PSI) then it may set you back about $3000 plus all tuning. But with stock internals - very risky, since most people are tempted to add a "bit" more boost. But it all depends on what you look for - in a straight line, a Turbo 1ZZ-FE will probably take a swapped 2ZZ-GE Corolla. Through in some curves - the odds will flip.

There are so called - bolt on kits - but go completely custom to save on problems down the road. Just do a search online - lots of Corolla guys/girls have problems with these kits - since most are rehashed Honda kits. Another thing to keep in mind - if you eventually want to go turbo - the 2ZZ-GE is not as good a place to start as the 1ZZ-FE you have now. The price being around 6-7K for a swap and almost the same for a turbo + tuning + better internals. Sounds like it is better to trade in the 2000 and get a XRS. Don't have to worry about messed up installs, emission issues, and get a warranty to boot.

For appearance packages - try TRD (sure fitment) or http://www.andysautosport.com/ or http://www.racerwheel.com/exterior-body-kits.html. There a bunch more - just look around.

Topic List