Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Flasher Relay

Guest telemundo

Does anyone know how to get the flasher relay out in an 04? I know its behind the little storage compartment to the left of the steering wheel, but looks tough to get out. Thanks.

If it is anything like the 2002 - relay looks like about the size of a box of matches - then you just pull straight out. Problem is there isn't really a good way to pull on it without a tool, like a IC chip extraction pick (basically a flat screwdriver with the tip bent over 90 degrees, like a prybar.) Just make sure that there isn't any clips holding it down.

Curious - these are pretty tough, doesn't really go bad - reason why you need to pull it?

Guest telemundo

Yeah it sounds similar to the 02...i think there is some clip holding it down, but its a tough angle to see for sure, even harder to get a tool up there without taking apart the dash. Reason i want it out is to have a quicker (4x) flasher made.

At least on mine - the hard part is trying to pull that black plug off the side of the relay. I think it was a 8 pin connector - don't remember for sure. But you had to slip a screw driver inbetween and eased it away.

Good Luck.

Guest sdevir

If it is anything like the 2002 - relay looks like about the size of a box of matches - then you just pull straight out.  Problem is there isn't really a good way to pull on it without a tool, like a IC chip extraction pick (basically a flat screwdriver with the tip bent over 90 degrees, like a prybar.)  Just make sure that there isn't any clips holding it down. 

Curious - these are pretty tough, doesn't really go bad - reason why you need to pull it?

As far as the screwdriver described above, you could get one of the paint can openers from the home depot/lowes. They give them free with paint puchase or you could ask them. The tip is bent 90 degrees and the handle looks like a bottle cap opener.

As far as the screwdriver described above, you could get one of the paint can openers from the home depot/lowes. They give them free with paint puchase or you could ask them. The tip is bent 90 degrees and the handle looks like a bottle cap opener.

Those sould work - but they may be too thick to slide under the relay. If you got the relay up a bit - then you might be able to slide the lip under it. I used by IC extraction tool - because it won't scratch up the bottom of the relay and because it is narrower - I can work it around the edges easily.

Topic List