Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest h077314

Hi,

I am attempting to replace a drive belt for Corolla 2005 for myself. Can you draw me a diagram of it please?

It's somewhat hard to find it.

Best,

Hello and welcome to the forum. When you pick up a new belt - generally the routing diagram will be printed right on the box. In any case - this are the approximate routing for the serpentine belt on the 1ZZ-FE engine in the Corolla:

Line diagram of the routing, when viewed from the pulley side (passenger side of the car)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/fis...ms/8thgenAC.jpg

These photos are from a DIY guide on 9thgencorolla - shows where the belt tensioner is located and how the belts run over the pulleys.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/fis...onerdiagram.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/fis...s/1zzpulley.jpg

Guest h077314

I did it.. It took me an hour.

Reasons.

1. I didn't fully master the location of those 0 belts locations.

2. Drive belts I purchased were folded and it kept benting like morbius ring when I tried to unfold.

3. It took me 30 minutes to understand the order of putting belts around.

Overall, it costs me under 40 dollars. (18 inch bar breaker, 19mm socket and drive belt)

Best,

Good to hear. Sounds like a deal - probably saved yourself about $60-80 in labor, easily. Couple of local places to me were charging $130 for a serpentine belt change.

Guest pil09

I just wanted to say "thanks" to fishexpo101. The photos you posted helped me locate the tensioner bolt, and it only took me about 10 mins to replace the serpentine belt on my wife's 2002 Corolla. I bought a belt at Autozone for $25 and saved $65, since the garage wanted $90 (parts and labor).

To others who will read this thread: when I began, I was unsure if I would have to loosen the pivot bolt or not. I found out I did not have to. All you need to do is put a 19-mm socket or box wrench around the tensioner bolt (the top one) and rotate it clockwise, towards the front of the car.

You meet mighty nice and helpful folks on the 'net.

I did it.. It took me an hour.

Reasons.

1. I didn't fully master the location of those 0 belts locations.

2. Drive belts I purchased were folded and it kept benting like morbius ring when I tried to unfold.

3. It took me 30 minutes to understand the order of putting belts around.

Overall, it costs me under 40 dollars. (18 inch bar breaker, 19mm socket and drive belt)

Best,

Always takes me much longer to do a project than what I anticipate going in that it should. I just chaulk it up to (in my case) inexperience and a very basic (but slowly expanding) set of tools. The upshot is that whatever projects I`ve done so far, they`ve been done right, I haven`t forked out $65-$99 bucks an hour in inflated shop fees, and I know next I do the same project exactly what to expect and that I`ll get it done in a lot less time than it took the first time. And I can spend some of the money saved on labour for more tools to tackle other projects later (and unlike labour charges, those are mine to keep and re-use indefinitely).

-Spyder

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)