Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Sound Reduction On Corolla

Guest kingoftheroad

I have been reading about this subject but not sure which one to choose. Should I use Quietcar or B-Quiet? The first one is a paint on material and the second a mat. Anyone has used these product? I know I can use both but they are not cheap. Should I just put carpet lining on the car floor?

Thanks.

Probably depends on what level of "quietness" you are after. Also depends on what generation of Corolla you have (model year?)

Haven't heard of those branded products - but have used similar ones before. Many will help with the smaller, higher frequency noises that seem to resonate in the cabin - like road noise, tire sizzle, the nuisance/background noises. The amount of noise suppression is also dependant on the amount of sound deadening used. You also have to account for the extra weight this will add - even with a moderate installation - would could easily add 30-50lbs of material (stuff averages about 1/3 to 1/2 lb per sq.ft. - most installers will put in about 70-100 sq.ft in a typical compact car, vehicles for competition generally get 300 sq.ft or more).

I would try and stick with a Butyl type deadener with a non-asphalt filler - doesn't stink up the car as much and holds up much better in temperature extremes. As for spray vs peel and stick - depends on your budget. Most of the time, if you spray anything, you need to completely strip the inside of the car - even for painted apps - just makes it a lot easier to work with. The solvent has to have time to evaporate as well. Auto foam is getting pretty popular too - basically an expandable urethane foam (similar to home insulation - but with more heat resistance) to fill the hard to get to spots - like the A-pillars and hidden panels.

You will not be able to turn a Corolla into a Lexus "quiet" (unless you start with a 10th gen Corolla - if the recent commercials have any truth). But you will notice and HUGE difference with even a modest amount of sound deadening.

not sure about the 10th gen, have driven one and they are quite 'boomy' - not sure if the sound deadening you suggest shall help - but lexus quiet could mean different things - a 1989 lexus may be as quiet as my 9th gen...

i'd suggest RAAM Mat sound deadener, its butyl based so it wont melt or stink and it works fantastic!

Topic List: Go to Everything Else