Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2006 Le Computer Dead

by blackbery1, February 18, 2008

I have a 2006 Corolla LE, 28000 KM on it. A month ago my driver side seatbelt start not to retract back after I unbuckle my self and stay loose.

I went to the dealer on Friday to do Oil change and check the seat belt; they said they will change the seatbelt with a new one. After the Oil change I left the dealer and drive the car for around 30KM and put gas on the car. All of the sudden the check light engine comes ON, I turn the car off and checked the gas Cape and the oil level and turned on again and still the check engine light on. I decided to drive back to the dealer, on my way the I felt I am loosing acceleration and the car stopped dead, I switch off and turned on again drove for 4 meter and same thing happen again. I towed my car to the dealer. They checked and they told me this is not from the Oil change, your car computer gone and need replacements???. Of course the computer and the seat belt will be under warranty. But:

1-does these sound familiar to happen in this early years keep in mind I take car of the car like my baby.

2-What should I do with Toyota Canada when they call me for feed back, as the rep I called to tow the care told me?

3-Do I have to do anything or check anything, when I get my car back from the dealer?

4-Any advise or points I should look at or do.

Thanks a lot!

I have a 2006 Corolla LE, 28000 KM on it. A month ago my driver side seatbelt start not to retract back after I unbuckle my self and stay loose.

I went to the dealer on Friday to do Oil change and check the seat belt; they said they will change the seatbelt with a new one. After the Oil change I left the dealer and drive the car for around 30KM and put gas on the car. All of the sudden the check light engine comes ON, I turn the car off and checked the gas Cape and the oil level and turned on again and still the check engine light on. I decided to drive back to the dealer, on my way the I felt I am loosing acceleration and the car stopped dead, I switch off and turned on again drove for 4 meter and same thing happen again. I towed my car to the dealer. They checked and they told me this is not from the Oil change, your car computer gone and need replacements???. Of course the computer and the seat belt will be under warranty. But:

1-does these sound familiar to happen in this early years keep in mind I take car of the car like my baby.

2-What should I do with Toyota Canada when they call me for feed back, as the rep I called to tow the care told me?

3-Do I have to do anything or check anything, when I get my car back from the dealer?

4-Any advise or points I should look at or do.

Thanks a lot!

For some reason there has been a bunch of of the ECUs failing. The ECU replacement is covered under the 8 year 80K miles.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)