Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Question About Using Sea Foam

Guest toyotacorollafx

hey everyone i read alot of good experiences from ppl who've use sea foam on their car. THey said it makes it idle much smoother, it makes it more quiet, better gas milage, makes it start better, makes the hp and acceleration better. Is this stuff true? especially if u have a carburated engine. I have an 88 toyota corolla FX and i really wanna try this stuff out on it cause it sounds like it needs it. THey say to suck in the sea foam from the pcv hose/valve, or the brake booster line? whats the diff? which is better? Where would the brake boosterline be on my car?

ALso please post any experinces using this stuff if u have

thanks alot

I've read on the BITOG forums that AutoRX, Lube Control and Fuel Power are all worthwhile products recommended by people who are a little more anal than the average joe.

From what you described of SeaFoam, it sounds like people like Fuel Power because it does the same things but without the hassle...

Read over the forums for a bit and get a feel for the products and what people think :

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

Good info Garrett.

As far as helping make cars run better?? Probably good for cars that have not seen regular service or have large amount of carbon deposits in them.

Like most "cleaners" - they will help in some cases. But you can get the same results by using regular carb cleaner and a rag/toothbrush or a good soak.

I've heard it applied through the PCV hose or brake booster. If you don't know what you are doing or don't regulate the flow (pretty hard to do - strong vacuum at those sources) - you will hydro-lock the engine.

It may help - but look at all your choices before you jump on it. Other ways to clean out the engine more effectively than with those products.

Guest djwolford

A friend of mine used it on an engine with 20k miles on it, and it worked wonders for him, he also cleaned out his tb really well. Either way, it works.

Topic List