Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Installing 2008 Corolla S Factory Alarm

Guest AlpineMan

We just bought the car. It already came with the factory keyless entry. What else do we need to install the "factory alarm", ie. part numbers, etc. Is it pretty much a straight forward plug and play kind of thing or do I need to strip wires, etc? I'm electing to go factory cuz it's typically plug and play just like the Honda alarms. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm assuming that you are looking at the Toyota VIP alarm system - those part numbers would be in the most recent Accessory Brochure for your car - little pamphlets that are by the parts counter. Last time I looked into one of those (2006 Tacoma, VIP 3200+ system) - the system cost about $500 but you still needed to add the shock and hood/trunk entry sensors and wire those up. Unfortunantly, not quite a direct Plug and Play setup. There will be some wiring involved - but still within the scope of a typical DIYer - might ask the dealership, they might be able to give you a package deal.

In my opinion - you could take the $500 and invest it into a Clifford aftermarket system or similar - that would actually end up costly less in the end (including labor to install) and have more programmable features. Some dealers are installed aftermarket alarms for their customers, since the VIP system is not as flexible for some. Then again, it is nice to see "factory" style equipment, completely up to you.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)