Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2008 Corolla S .....trd Start

by last_resort, January 13, 2008

last_resort

hey everyone.... i was wonderin if anyone has a 07/08 corolla S with any TRD stuff on it??

I just put a TRD cold air intake and a TRD muffler on mine and lemme tell you....what a difference!!

Everyone told me that the intake wouldn't work cuz they say there only for the 2004 models..... WRONG!!!

Im the Assit. Parts manager at a local Toyota dealer in Ohio and mine fit perfect with no cutting or

modifiying of any way.

My muffler also fit right in place....has a nice chrome look and a TRD logo right on the end.

IT DOES NOT BUZZ!!!!! Im sooooo happy. I'm 29 years old and i dont like those damn buzz pipes

everyone is putting on. This one sounds like a V6 Pontiac grand Prix ...you know the sound ! :-)

anyway....just puttin my two cents in.

last_resort

OK.......

as of today my corolla S is in tip-top shape and running great. I ordered a strut bar and a rear sway bar from TRD. ( i get it thru my Toyota job!! ) As per usual...the strut bar is on backorder and comin 2moro....and the rear sway bar will be put on tonight or 2moro.

I have nuthing better to do right now so im typing :-)

toyotaparts8250@yahoo.com

Neil

Assit. Parts Manager

Boardman Oh.

Nice setup! Good to see that we have a Toyota dealership connection on the forum - maybe we can start some Group Buys default_biggrin

Cool - this the Toyota dealership on Market close to the Turnpike? Might have to check it out once I swing by the town - have a buddy that lives out that way, big Domestic owner - trying to sway him to jump onto an import. I cut right by that way every time I come back to vist family and friends.

I was thinking about putting some TRD Lowering Springs on my car, the 1.5 inch drop. I recently had 17 inch rims put on with 225/45/17 tires and have only experienced rubbing once under heavy load and very spirited cornering/driving, so I'm thinking the TRD's are my best bet for no rubbing but I'm still a little cautious about it. The rims are 35 offset so they stick out pretty far and if they are rubbing on stock height I'm thinking the TRD's will rub more, but I'm willing to give it a shot anyhow.

Apart from that I was thinking of a TRD or DC strut bar, maybe some sway bars, might even do the exhaust setup but still a little uncertain at this point. I'm hoping to get a nice custom intake/exhaust setup which probably won't include the TRD setup.

Definitely going to get a TRD badge though. default_cool

last_resort

Well...seeing that i want to keep everything TRD i'm running outta things to do. TRD is planning on a nice release of sum more things in the next months for the 07-08 rolla's. There is a Supercharger out there for my car but im not really into that. I like the outside factory look of my S....so im gonna keep the wheels the same and all the paint/spoilers the same.

The TRD lowering springs will give one inch to one and a half inches of lowering. With bigger wheels chances are they wont work....especially on the S. (seeing that is has the mouldings on the bottom already) You will probably get sum rubbing when you turn.

thats all for now......

neil*

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)