Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2008 Corolla Le Gas Light?

Guest RandomVillain

How many miles do I got before I run out of gas after my gas light comes on? gas light usually comes on around 300 miles but it is usually 2 or 3 needle marks above E.

Just bought this car a couple weeks ago, first brand new car, and first toyota ever. So far, I am loving it, taking it in this weekend to get a new stereo put in!

• 1,424 posts
How many miles do I got before I run out of gas after my gas light comes on? gas light usually comes on around 300 miles but it is usually 2 or 3 needle marks above E.

Just bought this car a couple weeks ago, first brand new car, and first toyota ever. So far, I am loving it, taking it in this weekend to get a new stereo put in!

Your 2008 is identical (mechanically) to my last car, a 2005 LE automatic.

When my empty light came on, I had 2.5 gallons of gas left, which would give you approximately 75 miles of range left.

I will caution you however, the reserve amount of gas left in the tank is not for you to drive on all the time. The fuel pump is cooled by the fuel and running the car down to almost empty will cause the pump to overheat and will shorten its life over the long haul. Also, the bottom of the gas tank will fill with sludge (gas that has turned into varnish) over time and you do not want to pull that into your fuel system, which you will do if you run until empty repeatably.

My advice to you is to only run your car 30 miles or so past when the light comes on. Then refuel as soon as you can.

Guest RandomVillain

Cool, thanks for the tip. Just sometimes Ill be in a bit of a jam when my light comes on and cant find a gas station quick. Or I have no time and Im running late in the mornin and need to get to work.

Fuel lubricates and cools the fuel pump. It's not a good ideal to try and find the limits of the gas tank. When the light comes on, you should stop and refill soon.

Bikeman982

My gas light comes on and then goes out.

It comes on again after 20 more miles or so and stays on steady.

The first time is (I believe) to get me to thinking about getting gas.

The second time on is to be heading for the gas station, or prepare to run out.

I have gone out at night to fill up, so that I don't run out on the way to work.

It is good to always have enough gas in the tank to get you to work and back.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)