Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2000 Corolla Washer Nozzles

by timkedz, January 3, 2008

Hello, all!!!

I have a 2000 Corolla LE with older style windshield washer sprayers that simply spray straight ahead on the windshield. My friend has a 2006 Corolla S that has windshield sprayers that "fan" out the spray in a mist throughout the window.

I was wondering if anyone knows it there are aftermarket type washer nozzles like this and if so, if you could give me a link or the name of a store that might have something like that.

Any advice is always greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

Cheers!!

timkedz

Do you mean the spray coming from the wipers themselves instead of the hood mounted jets? I've seen an aftermarket kit for attaching them to the wiper arms - but I have seen better spray heads and upgraded pumps for the hood mounted varienty. To get ones like the later 9th gen Corollas - would probably be easier to take the existing system off a donor car.

Hi, Fish!

I was thinking of the hood mounted jets. Mine just spray two single jets of fluid straight out and directly in front of the windshield. What I would like are the jets that spread out the spray, kind of like an open garden hose that you put your thumb over to fan out the water.

The windshield wiper arm ones sound cool too, but, it also sounds like it would be considerably more complicated to install those, instead of hood mounted ones!!

If not, I could always just go to a Toyota dealer and order the jets for a 9th gen Corolla. (providing they fit, that is.....)

timkedz

That sounds like the easiest way - they could pull up both sets and compare them dimensionally. That way you will have a good idea if they will actually fot or not. Might be able to find similar jets locally, but hard to say if they will get you the wider spray pattern you are looking for. Most of the aftermarket ones have some weird gimmick with them, ie. LEDs, multiple nozzles, some come in different shapes (saw a skull shaped one not too long ago).

For my Corolla - I actually like the stronger streams - they cut through medium thickness frost on the front on the windshield more easily compared to the fine spray of the Matrix default_laugh

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)